Houston Real Estate Investment & Asset Management Firm
Sunset Capital is a Houston based vertically integrated real estate investment and asset management firm.
The company is run by seasoned veterans in the commercial real estate market. Sunset Capital focuses on multifamily properties in the Southeast United States and is actively looking to grow its portfolio through the acquisition and development of multifamily housing. Sunset’s platform includes initial sourcing, underwriting, financing, renovations and development, property management oversight, and active asset management.
MEET THE TEAM
Founder & CEO
Mr. Morris is the CEO of Sunset Capital. He has over twenty years’ experience in various aspects of real estate and has led acquisition and disposition teams on over $300MM in multifamily transactions. Having asset managed for over $500MM in real estate assets he has experience in all aspects of the life cycle of a property. As a former corporate banker for 18 years, he was involved in over $1B of financing in real estate transactions.
Mr. Morris graduated Northwood University with a BA in Banking & Finance and Business Management. He has been married for 18 years and has four children. He sits on the board of directors at Texas Traditions Bank and is an active member at various community organizations.
Co-Founder & Principal
Mr. Estes has been in the real estate management and construction business for over twenty years. As an SBA Young Entrepreneur of the year, as well as an three-time HBJ’s fastest growing companies, he had built his homebuilding business to over $15MM a year in revenue. He shifted into multifamily in 2014 with significant value-add opportunities and property management to his portfolio.
When not pursuing multifamily investment opportunities, Estes enjoys spending time with his wife and children. In season, he enjoys vacationing or spending time at his lake or winter homes doing water and snow activities with friends and family.
“Sam Morris is a proven, strategic leader that does business the right way. His financial prowess and stellar track record speak for itself. Yet what really sets Sam apart is his values. With Sam it’s not just about performance, it is always about performance with integrity. What more could you ask for?”
“Simply put, Sam Morris has earned my trust and respect over the course of many years. He has a proven track record of maximizing value while treating me with the utmost respect and transparency.”
“My Family invests with Sam Morris as he has earned our loyalty through pure satisfaction on each transaction. On five plus investments they have all been meticulous and on target or above expected returns. “
“I have invested with Sam on multiple projects over almost 10 years. His diligence in evaluating deals and his insight into key financial drivers both before and after closing have resulted in excellent results. Most importantly, his integrity and concern for the investor are unquestionable. He is excellent at his job.”
“I have been investing in real estate for almost 50 years and I have loved investing with Sam because of his evaluation skills, honesty, transparency and ultimately the results”
“Sam is one of the few individuals that I have met that truly works to ensure our investments are aligned to our financial goals and risk tolerance. He has always excelled as principal manager of our real estate related investments.”
We target mainly multifamily deals in the southeast of the US. Specifically, we have a focus on the state of Texas. Those deals range in the $20MM – $60MM valuations. Our competitive advantages are:
- Brokers – Having closed dozens of deals on the acquisition and disposition side over the last few years, we have a large network of brokers in our pipeline.
- Lenders – We have an expansive list of lenders all over the country. In addition, we possess a unique skill set in speaking the same language as our lender base to more quickly and easily move the acquisition and sale process along.
- Investors – Our ever-growing list of investors enables us to attract more deals at advantageous settings. We have a long-standing relationship with many of our investors that spans almost twenty years!
- Vendors – Having over 40 years of combined experience in dealing with industry professionals, we have sought to partner with the best most qualified vendors to the benefit of our investor base.
- Off market- We source several deals that are off market and not open to the general public. In most cases, this allows us to deal directly with the owners of the property which allows us to dictate terms of the acquisitions.
- Broker listings – We have preferred access to brokered deals. In most cases, we have either closed a deal with that brokerage firm or dealt with the specific broker before. This allows us to get more fully vetted insights into each deal prior to underwriting.
- Tenured and experienced management – Tenured and experienced management has been the difference in every deal we do. With a combined 50+ years of market experience during which we have been through many cycles and seen many deals.